User anonymity and personal information
Except as detailed below, DJS Surveyors Ltd does not capture personal information.
Log files record all requests for files on this website’s servers. These include all the content which makes up the pages of the website. The log files do not capture or contain any personal information.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. We do not accept any responsibility for the privacy and other practices of those third party websites – your use of those websites is at your own risk.
Personal information we collect
We look after and use any personal information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
How we use your information
DJS Surveyors Ltd only uses information for the purpose it was collected, in line with data protection laws. We state clearly when we collect your information how we will use it.
- We do not give or sell your information to anyone
- To answer requests and enquiries
- We may use aggregated and anonymised data (for example post codes) to better understand our visitors, and to help us improve your experience of this website
How and when will I be contacted?
You will only be contacted using the information you have provided to us, and for the purpose it was provided.
In accordance with data protection laws, we ensure your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have suitable physical, electronic and management procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
DJS Surveyors Ltd uses website analytics to gather and analyse information about our visitors. We do this is to improve our website to better meet the needs of our visitors. The analytics do not, in themselves, identify any individual person or personal details. We use this information to understand:
- How you found our website (e.g. from search results, a hyperlink, directly typed URL)
- Which page you arrived on, your ‘path’ through the website, and the page you left from
- What device and browser you were using (e.g. iPad, Safari, iOS)
- Your location (though this is actually the location of your ISP or one of their datacentres)
- Search terms used to find our website
- The popularity of our pages
- Any files which were downloaded
The data is also anonymised and aggregated by the analytics providers to study country and global trends.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be saved in your browser. If your browser settings allow, the file is added. Cookies can help the website analytics record which pages you visit, remember your preferences, aid navigation though a website if you are logged in, or remember what you have in your shopping basket.
Changes to this Policy
DJS Surveyors Ltd may change this policy periodically by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is updated and effective from 22nd May 2018.